Gluten Free Holiday Stuffing
(Made with Katz Gluten Free Texas Toast )
Yield: 8-12 servings
Prep time: 30 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
3 Packages of Katz Gluten Free Texas Toast (12 Pieces)
2 Shallots, small dice
1 cup of sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms
1 cup of sliced Shitake Mushrooms
4 oz Plant Based Sausage crumble or chop fine
½ Red Bell Pepper, small dice
8 each Brussel Sprouts, shaved
2 Celery Stalks, small dice
2 Sage Leaves, chopped
¼ cup Olive Oil
4 Tablespoon of Vegan Butter
3 cups of Vegetable Stock
Salt and Pepper to taste
Directions For the Vegetables
- Sear Mushrooms at high temperature in olive oil until browned and cooked through.
- Add shallots and red peppers and sauté until translucent. Reduce heat to medium high.
- Add sausage crumble, brussel sprouts, celery and 1T of butter. Sauté until the celery is cooked through.
- Add sage, remaining butter and vegetable stock. Cook at low temperature for 5 minutes.
- Set aside.
Directions For the Texas Toast
- Preheat oven to 285 degrees.
- Lay out Texas Toast on a cookie/sheet tray. Cook for 20 minutes, flip, then cook for an additional 20 minutes.
- Turn off oven but keep in the oven while preparing the other ingredients.
- After everything is completed, rough dice the Texas Toast, place in a casserole dish, and add additional ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly and wrap dish with foil.
Turn up oven to 375 degrees and bake stuffing for 20 minutes. Uncover and finish for an additional 10 minutes uncovered in the oven until slightly browned.